HMD Global has announced a new entry-level smartphone, Nokia 2.4 in a virtual live event held yesterday. Nokia 2.4 is the successor of Nokia 2.3 and packs new features and upgrades compared to Nokia 2.3 that was launched last year.
The budget smartphone, Nokia 2.4 features a 6.5-inch HD+ display with a waterdrop selfie camera notch at the top. It runs on a 12nm octa-core MediaTek Helio P22 chipset, coupled with 2GB of RAM and 32GB storage expandable via MicroSD card. It has a dual-camera setup on the back, with a 13MP main sensor and a 2MP depth sensor. It is powered by a massive 4,500mAh capacity battery. Some of its other key notable features include a dedicated Google Assistant button, a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, a 5MP selfie camera, IPX2 ingress protection.
Nokia 2.4 Specifications and Price in Kenya
- 6.5″ IPS LCD 1600×720 pixels
- 20:9 display ratio
- Dimensions: 165.85 x 76.30 x 8.69 mm
- Weight: 195g
- Dual Sim
- 32GB/64GB ROM
- 2GB/3GB RAM
- Rear Camera: Dual, 13MP f/2.2 + 2MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: Single, 5 MP, f/2.4
- Night Mode Available
- Flash LED
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Hotspot
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS with AGPS+GLONASS+Beidou
- microUSB 2.0
- 3.5mm audio jack
- FM Radio
- 2G/3G/4G LTE
- Android 10(Android one) – Android 11 Ready device
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 SoC
- PowerVR GE8320
- Non-Removable 4,500mAh
- 5V/1A compatible charging
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer (G-sensor), Rear fingerprint sensor.
- Google Assistant Button
- Colour options; Dusk, Charcoal, Fjord
Pricing and Availability in Kenya
There is no official communication about the pricing of this device in Kenya. However, we expect this phone to land in Kenya in the coming weeks, with price starting at Ksh 13,000 for the 2GB/32GB Variant and Ksh 15,000 for the 3GB/64GB. We will update the post once we get more information. Stay tuned!