Huawei Mobile has officially launched its latest device in the Y series, the Huawei Y7a that now joins the other Y series currently in the market including the budget Huawei Y5p that retails at Ksh 9,500.
The Huawei Y7a comes with a 6.67-inch Full HD display with 1080×2400 pixels resolution and a punch-hole selfie camera set-up. It is also powered by the company own processor, octa-core Kirin 710A processor which succeeds last year’s Y7a. In terms of storage, the device packs 4GB of RAM and 128GB of ROM that is expandable. Just like other Huawei’s devices launched recently, the Y7a won’t come with Google services and instead uses Huawei Mobile Services.
Huawei Y7a Specifications
- 6.67 inches IPS LCD, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- Dimensions: 165.7mm x 76.9mm x 9.3 mm
- Weight: 206g
- Dual Sim
- 128GB ROM (Expandable via MicroSD slot)
- 4GB RAM
- Rear Camera: Quad, 48MP main sensor + 8MP Ultra-wide + 2MP Macro + 2MP Depth.
- Front Camera: Single, 8MP punch-hole
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth 5.1
- USB 2.0 Type-C
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 2G/3G/4G LTE
- Android 10( Based on EMUI 10.1) – No Google play services
- Hisilicon Kirin 710A (14 nm)
- Mali-G51 MP4
- Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- 22.5W fast charging
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Colour options: Crush Green, Blush Gold, Midnight Black
Pricing and Availability
This device is not yet available locally in Kenya but we expect it to be available soon and the official price is not yet revealed. However, we expect it to retail around Ksh 19,000 when it launches locally.